1. Visit the Office of Financial Assistance.
Meet with our financial aid staff to discuss your student’s grants, scholarships, loans and work study.
2. Remind your student to submit proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
Send your student’s shot record to Health Services at email@example.com or by fax at (210) 829-3921 before the first day of classes. Please include the student’s date of birth and phone number.
3. Remind your student to submit final documents.
Students must submit the following documents to the admissions office:
- Official final high school transcript (including final GPA and graduation date).
- Students who took dual credit courses must submit an official college transcript.
- AP, ACT, SAT, or IB test scores, if applicable.
4. Remind your student to waive UIW insurance (if already covered by insurance).
If your student is already covered and will not need UIW insurance, he/she can waive it at www.uiw.edu/busoff/waivers.html. Please include your student’s UIW ID on this waiver.
5. Make sure your student has access to the MyWord portal.
With their MyWord account, students can check their schedule, UIW e-mail, balances, etc. Please make sure your student has access to their UIW e-mail, as this is the official communication portal at UIW.
6. Remind your student to apply for a parking permit.
Make sure your student applies for a parking permit starting 08/01/2018. Parking permit applications should be submitted at the Cardinal Cars section of your student’s MyWord portal.
210-829-6005 | (800) 749-WORD