The primary mission of Institutional Research is to utilize innovative technologies
to provide accurate, appropriate, and timely information to university administration,
as well as state and federal entities, supporting the decision-making process on various
levels across the University through the collection and preparation of University
facts and figures in accordance with stated reporting requirements.
The IR Staff embraces the UIW Mission and its core values of faith, service, innovation, truth, and education.
- Submit reports and data as required by federal, state, and accrediting agencies*
- Communicate institutional information to the University community through innovative
- Assist with University-level assessment surveys, such as the National Survey of Student
Engagement (NSSE), and communicate results to the University community through innovative
- Collaborate with Enterprise Systems and administrative units to bring about changes
in policies and procedures that ensure a higher degree of standardization and data
integrity in the campus database, university historical files and data warehouse systems
- Submit responses to information/data requests from external organizations
*Mandatory reports to external agencies (e.g., IPEDS) are high priority projects.
In all activities, IR staff will ensure the confidentiality of information and that
information is released only to appropriate individuals and groups in accordance with
applicable federal and state laws. The office will adhere to the AIR Code of Ethics in all its undertakings.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools/Commission on Colleges (SACS/COC)Reaffirmation:
2014-2015 Academic Year